Monday, February 21, 2011

Hemingway Extra Credit

Being alienated from the people that you love and have grown up with would be a terrible experience. You would feel like you have no where to turn for support. Being supported and having people listen and care about your thoughts and feelings is important for any human being to have. If I was being ignored by my family and friends I would have a tough time coping with even the slightest of problems. Small problems piled upon small problems can very quickly lead into big problems. The change in the relationship between me and my family and friends could have been caused by an extended period of time spent away from home as well as a disagreement in why I was gone, such as going away to a war that is not publicly supported (such as the Vietnam War). If I was ever alienated like this I would feel a great amount of depression. Also, I would have the feeling that nobody wants you around, which is very tough to deal with. I would probably turn to a counselor or someone who understood the situation I was in from a similar experience that they had.

No comments:

Post a Comment